Saturday, April 17, 2010

*hangs head in shame*

I am true to form- such a very very very bad mother that I haven't even taken the time to come in here and whinge about my kids and parenting skills...... This I usually do into the bottom of a baileys glass, the milky haze staring back at me, always forgiving, always there for me.....

To be honest, we have all been revoltingly passing sickness back and forth to each other - one that all began in a humble daycare facility [don't they all] and I have not had the energy to do much. I have disconnected from my OLL [read- online life] and it has actually been a breath of fresh air. While I have little, to no IRL [in real life] friends that I can vent to on a daily basis, I was finding OL friends even harder to really connect with..... and, at the end of the day- who will be there when I am on my deathbed??? It will be my snotty kids [all grown up and have lives of their own by then I hope] and my grumpy husband [hopefully happily retired, and hopefully outlives me]

*SIGH* So, it's been a big wake up call to get back into IRL and embrace it with all its boring bits, family irks and money issues that go with day to day living.
For some reason unbeknownst to me, we keep receiving these darn regular bills; phones, electricity, foxtel, yada yada and quite frankly, the satisfaction and fulfillment I feel when I pay one of the monstrous things quickly dissapates as the next one faithfully arrives.....

However, the eBay packages still manage to trickle in, and as other eBay addicts will know- this is always a lovely feeling! Ive become addicted to darn wall stick-ons and buy them just for the h*ll of it sometimes hehehehe
namee17 on eBay is one of my favourite sellers, and smileywalls on Etsy is another good one....

Will be back later to report on our week long holiday down south in the Margaret River wine region [namely Dunsborough]... of course it ruddy rained the whole week! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Well at least your neighbours aren't having another child just so they can afford a washing machine, or the fact that the other male comes home the same time each and everyday and pulls bongs in his shed ( I think he does this to hide the fact he leaves his manhood at the front door step everyday, most males I know leave it at the train station at 7.35am on there way to being total glassy-eyed automation's ) but such is life in the suburbs.

    April 19, 2010 10:05 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh, yes Sax, I will have to do an entry re the secret lives of the suburbian bogans- But oh where will I start, and yes! It may offend some! LOL

    ReplyDelete